So you’ve decided to relocate to Northern Canada and get exciting job vacancies in Canada. Exciting! Relocating and starting over can be thrilling, but it can also be stressful.
Beginning afresh in a completely new location necessitates the search for housing, work, and everything in between in your new home country.
We understand that this might be intimidating, so we’ve compiled a list of some of the most Exciting Job Vacancies in Canada for you to peruse so you can cross job hunting off your to-do list.
Exciting Job Vacancies in Canada
Exciting Job opportunities in Canada
There are many job opportunities in Canada, and the government requires foreign employees to fill gaps in various career categories. But you’re travelling north, right?
Thus, let’s discuss occupations in Northern Canada locations like Yukon, the Northwest Territories, such as the Dehcho region, and Nunavut.
Jobs in Yukon
The Yukon territory is well-known for its magnificent mountains and fantastic outdoors. In Yukon, there are numerous job opportunities in a variety of career disciplines. These in-demand careers also necessitate varied levels of expertise. Jobs available include registered nurses, IT professionals, cooks, receptionists, and early childhood educators, among others.
There are several career opportunities accessible in Yukon, regardless of your profession or the type of job you seek.
Not relocating to Yukon? Let’s look at jobs in other parts of the North.
Let’s go to the Dehcho region
Like Yukon, this region, pronounced ‘De – cho,’ has several work prospects in a variety of career fields. Because these occupations are not restricted to a specific occupation, there is a significant probability that the work you want to undertake is available here.
Last stop: Nunavut!
If you enjoy nature, especially stunning seas and mountains, Nunavut is the place for you. Nunavut is an excellent place to live, not only because of the scenery but also because the territory is looking for people like you who wish to immigrate to Canada and work here. If this describes you, take a look at some of the many occupations available in Nunavut.
There are several career opportunities in these three Northern territories. Nevertheless, before you select where you want to work, let’s discuss the finest options to immigrate to Canada.
Top visa programs to immigrate up North
Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot
The primary purpose of this program is to create smaller communities while also strengthening the economy. This program attempts to make it easier for immigrants to relocate to Canada because there is a high need for labour in a variety of industries. Immigrants can apply for and begin working in Canada sooner if the immigration procedure is simplified.
Who is eligible to apply?
Let’s have a look at the requirements for the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot. You must meet the following requirements to be eligible for this program:
- At least one year of work experience in the last three years, or
- Have completed your studies and graduated from a postsecondary institution in the community to which you want to immigrate.
- Take an English or French language test to demonstrate your ability to communicate effectively in Canada.
- Having attended a Canadian high school or:
- Examine Your Educational Credentials (ECA)
- Must live and work in the pilot program area
- Aside from the federal criteria outlined above, each town will have its own set of requirements that you must follow.
- If you’ve decided which province you want to live in and want to immigrate to Yukon, you can apply through the Yukon Provincial Nominee Program.
The Yukon Provincial Nominee Program
You can apply for this program in one of five different categories. These are the categories:
- Express Entry
- Skilled Worker Program
- Critical Impact Worker Program
- Business Nominee Program
- Yukon Community Pilot
- Express Entry
Candidates who submit an Express Entry application will be placed in the federal Express Entry pool. This stream permits the appropriate province to nominate applicants who meet the stream’s qualifications.
Skilled Worker Program
This program has two categories, namely:
- The Skilled Worker Category
- The Critical Impact Category
You must have a job offer in Yukon to apply through the skilled worker category. The job you get should fall into one of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) categories 0, A, or B.
Employers can propose workers with expertise in low-skilled jobs for Canadian permanent residence through the Critical Impact Worker Program.
You must meet the following requirements to be eligible for this program:
Having previously worked for the same company that is now offering a permanent position
Before applying, you must have a valid work permit for at least 6 months, or you must:
Get at least 55 points on the Yukon Nominee Program Pre-Assessment points grid, and then:
score at least 55 points on the Yukon Nomination Program.
Yukon Community Pilot
This stream permits you to work for a maximum of three distinct companies in one of the Yukon communities that participate. The following communities are taking part:
- Watson Lake
- Dawson City
- Haines Junction
This work visa has a two-year validity period and does not require a Labour Market Impact Assessment.
To be eligible for this stream, you must:
- Have two or three job offers
- The Yukon Government has signed a letter of support.
- Working hours must total 30 hours every week (the same as a full-time job)
- Satisfy the general work permit criteria
Business Nominee Program
If you want to start your firm and have demonstrated entrepreneurial and business talents, this program is ideal for you. You can start your own business in Yukon if you meet the following prerequisites.
To apply for this program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Having finished high school
- Have at least 5 years of business ownership and management experience.
- Satisfy the following investing criteria: Investment: 300,000 Canadian dollars (CAD), Personal net worth: 500,000 Canadian dollars (CAD).
- You now have a better understanding of what Northern Canada has to offer. Not only are the surroundings lovely and invigorating, but there are also numerous work options to pick from.